Monday, 28 September 2015

The Worst Has Happened

So this weekend, one of the worst things that can happen to a girl- or guy- happened to me. There were tears, screaming, parental lectures involved. And now my life is different.

I LOST MY PURSE. In London, on a night out. And it had everything I need to function in life within it, from my bank cards to my uni library pass. And now I have no ID, no access to money, I even had no train tickets to get home- disaster. Fortunately a frantic phone call home caused my dad to drive down the next day and collect me in my fragile hungover state. Yes, the shame is real.

So for the next week or so I am moneyless, and for at least a month I have no form of ID (I don't have a passport, and in order to get a new license I need to have a passport...ridiculous). The point is, I never realised how much that little rectangle was in control of my life, and now its in someone else's hands, I feel like they can control my life.

I am ashamed and never drinking again. Okay I take that last bit back.

Elizabeth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment